Washington Street El at Washington and Cobb Streets
This photograph was taken in 1982 to document Boston's Washington Street Elevated, then in its last years of operation. Opened by the Boston Elevated Railway Company in 1901, the Washington Street Elevated carried rapid transit trains between downtown Boston and Roxbury, and later, between downtown and Forest Hills. The "el" carried MBTA Orange Line Trains from the late 1960s until the 1980s, when Orange Line trains were rerouted along the Southwest Corridor.
Fine art print is museum-quality, printed with archival inks on acid-free paper. Heavy-weight paper is non-glossy with a matte finish. Printed in Cambridge, Massachusetts.